Safety in Design
The opportunity for healthy and safe workplaces is never greater than at the design stage. Whether it be eliminating hazards or including features that create healthier, safer workplaces, safety in design is now an integral part of the design process.
We work with design teams to facilitate the safety in design process, which results in better health and safety outcomes and compliance. Our service offering takes clients through the safety in design process from concept, through construction to commissioning and handover and recognises the full lifecycle of an asset and the opportunities that exist at the design stage. The process results in hazards to builders, occupants, maintenance workers, public or even future demolition workers being identified and either eliminated or reduced.
The outcome is safer, healthier workplaces by design.
- Facilitate the safety in design process for you
- Advise on safety in design during your project
- Document safety in design risk registers, reports and files
- Help you comply with the state and commonwealth health and safety legislation
- Help you comply with the Code of Practice for Safe Design of Structures
We work for:
- Clients and asset owners who are engaging designers
- Facilities Management Teams
- Project Managers
- Contract Administrators
- Design Teams
For further information, see our brochure, ‘Safety in Design Explained’, a recent communication on the NSW Code of Practice for Safety Design of Structures or the Code of Practice itself.
(link to Safety in Design Explained)
(link to email on new NSW CoP)
(link to CoP’s in each jurisdiction)